Orthodontics for Adults
CONFIDENCE & HEALTH AT ANY AGE
Improve your personal appearance, self-esteem and the health of your teeth and gums through orthodontic treatment. We use a variety of dental appliances to help create beautiful, healthier smiles, at any age by:
- Straightening crooked teeth
- Aligning the upper and lower jaws improving dental function and facial profiles
- Correcting misaligned teeth and jaws, which not only improves your appearance, but can also prevent gum disease, bone loss, tooth decay, wear of the tooth enamel and surfaces, headaches and jaw joint pain.
More than 30% of Dr. Loo and Dr. Yen’s patients are adults.
TREATMENT OPTIONS FOR ADULTS
While treatment timelines vary from person to person, adult orthodontic treatment usually takes 18 to 30 months. We strive to use the latest technology to ensure that your treatment is as comfortable, effective and efficient as possible. We’ll work with you to determine the best treatment options for you, which may include using the following appliances:
- Traditional metal braces (silver or gold)
- Clear ceramic braces
- Invisalign or removable clear plastic aligners
- Lingual braces or hidden braces
Because adult bones are no longer growing, orthodontic treatment for adults may also involve the following activities to ensure the best results:
- Removal (extraction) of teeth to create more space
- Corrective jaw surgery (orthognathic surgery)
- Use of a retainer after braces are removed
- Adjustments, such as grinding of high tips of teeth, to prevent continued or increased malocclusion for adults
Dr. Loo or Dr. Yen will work with you to determine the best treatment approach.